All of us have made a quick decision about what we buy based on the look of the product or label. We all also make judgments of people based on our first impression. Our first impressions given or received are both very important. It is often said that we shouldn’t judge others or products by their packaging. However, it is human nature and important to our survival to do so. Therefore, it is our responsibility to make sure we portray the right image and to read others’ images correctly. I learned that personal image can have an impact on the way you feel about yourself, and on the way other people view you.
Good conversation promotes ‘liking’. We like to be around people who can carry on an interesting conversation. Good conversation creates an attractive image of wittiness, intelligence and self-confidence. Learn to carry on a conversation for more than 15 minutes.
Listen as much as you speak.
How To Use Your Energies To Your Advantage:
- Leave your worries outside the door
- Smile 4 times before you enter a room
- When you are in your body, people find you easy to be with
- Laugh as often as you can
- Give soft eye contact (Do not out-stare another person)
- Be conscious of your posture
- Wear colors that enhance your energies
- Hum a happy tune in your mind
- Drink Water
- Be present
- Have a piece of chocolate
- Use caffeine wisely
- Your face loves water!
- Take 3 deep breaths each hour
- Get your sleep… all of it
- Stay grounded
- Live in the Now!
- Meditate daily
- Walk often
Know yourself. How do you look? Do you smile or frown when you relax? Are people going to come up and talk to you? Are you willing to talk to anyone? What are you emanating? What do people read about you from your energy? Take good care of your most important asset – your personal image.